Mini Vegan Easter Eggs With A Maple Almond Filling
Makes 9-10 mini easter eggs
- 2 tbsps of sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 120g of crunchy almond butter (ideally oily, if too thick add 1 tbsp melted coconut oil)
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of ground almonds/almond flour
- 1 big pinch of sea salt
- 80g 70% plus dark chocolate
- In a bowl mix together the nut butter and seeds until well combined. Then add in the maple syrup, almond flour and a pinch of sea salt.
- Line a plate and, using your hands, make mini egg shapes – roll them in your hands to get the dough warm. For the shape, I like to use the gap between my thumb and index finger when making an okay sign. Otherwise just roll small egg shaped sizes.
- Pop in the freezer for 1 hour to set.
- Take out the frozen dough, and melt your dark chocolate in a bowl.
- Take each egg and dunk them in the dark chocolate, twisting and covering until all sides are chocolatey – this bit can get messy!
- Top with shredded coconut, frozen raspberries, cacao nibs or chopped hazelnuts
Recipe created by Clarissa Lenherr, Registered Nutritional Therapist, BA HONS, DipNT, mBANT, mCNHC